NSF International is the plastic industry’s leading testing and certification organization, with proven experience in certifying various types of plastic pipes and fittings used in today’s global applications. From drinking water to radiant floor heating systems, our experts can help ensure your product is tested and certified against the appropriate standards for your distribution and can even help you expand into international markets with ease.
The NSF mark is the industry’s most widely recognized and most respected certification mark for plastic piping products.
Benefits of Certification
NSF certification ensures your product meets health and performance standards for plastic pipes and fittings required by regulators, public health officials and manufacturers. All major model plumbing codes require third-party certification. Additionally, NSF test data collected may be submitted to other agencies (such as ASSE, CSA, IAPMO, ICC and others) to maximize reach while minimizing costs.
For manufacturers and public health officials, NSF certification benefits include:
- NSF mark recognition, faster market access and expedited regulatory acceptance
- Third-party confirmation, reducing potential liability issues
- Ongoing support related to technical development and regulatory requirements
- Online listing of certified products, including product type, product trade name, manufacturer name and location
Why Work With NSF?
The NSF mark is accepted in all U.S. states and all Canadian provinces and territories. NSF International is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), International Accreditation Service (IAS) and the Standards Council of Canada (SCC) for its testing and certification programs.
The NSF mark, well respected by public health officials, retailers and consumers, is recognized as a symbol of product quality and integrity. Our responsive personalized service quickly guides your products through the certification process, ensuring that they get to market on time and on budget. We offer bracketing services wherever possible to help keep costs down, and provide the pricing up front so there are no hidden surprises down the road.
While our product evaluations are thorough, our process is simple and efficient. A dedicated NSF project manager serves as your single point of contact from application to approval for a streamlined, efficient certification process.
1. Your company submits an application.
2. Your company and suppliers provide formulation, design specifications and product end use information.
3. We review formulation and engineering specifications.
4. We perform a plant audit and sample collection.
5. We conduct laboratory testing.
6. We grant certification for compliant products.
7. Our follow-up program includes unannounced inspections and annual testing.
Our experts can help you reduce your overall costs and expedite your time to market by bundling services and reducing the number of contracted service providers and facility audits.